Freedom of variety
Posi-Joist™ also known as Metal web joists, combine the light weight of timber with the strength of a steel web.
The Posi‐joist™ gives building designers the freedom to have a variety of internal room layouts without the constraints of solid and other engineered timber.
For our Posi-Joist™ manufacturing we work with MiTek, a well-renowned specialist in the development of software solutions for structural timber engineering. Here at Pasquill we use the MiTek PAMIR software to create accurate 3D drawings for our roof truss and Posi-Joist™ projects.
The PAMIR software allows us to create detailed plans which can be shared with customers to ensure all aspects of the project are correct – from the shape of the Roof Truss to sizing up the Metal Web Joists.
Find out more about the benefits of the MiTek Posi-Joist™ solution and PAMIR computer software on their website here.
Features & benefits
- Lightweight but strong
- Allows greater span distances than solid joists, giving greater design freedom
- Suitable for both floor and roof usage
- Open web design ‐ allows easy installation and access to services , especially Mechanical Ventilation & Heat Recovery systems
- Faster installation and cost savings in time and materials
- Simple and safe to install
- Range of depths from 202mm to 421mm
- Beams are dimensionally stable and cross‐grain shrinkage minimal
- Easily handled due to light weight
- Various end fixing details including “trimmable ends” available
- Wide flanges for fixing flooring and plasterboard. Min 72mm wide fixing surface make flooring easy, controls shrinkage and reduces return visits and remedial work
- Economy ‐ patented staggered web produces greater savings against competitors’ products
- Suitable for use in ground floor applications
- The industry’s first metal web joist system in the UK to obtain a Robust Detail® for the resistance to the passage of sound
- Manufactured from PEFC™ certified timber
Each Posi-Joist™ is individually designed for your project and our experienced designers will be able to answer any questions you have but you may also download a copy of the Posi-Joist™ Technical Handbook to give you further technical information.
View our Posi-Joist™ information factsheet.
What are Posi-Joists?
A Posi-Joist™ is an engineered timber system which is created using MiTek design software and their steel web connectors. Posi-Joists can only be manufactured by licensed MiTek manufacturers such as Pasquill.
What is a Posi-Strut?
The Posi-Strut™ is the metal web manufactured by MiTek and used in the manufacture of our Posi-Joist™. It provides clear span flexibility and easy access for plumbing and electrical installations.
When should I use a Posi-Joist?
Posi-Joists are floor joists that are used when a lightweight but strong solution is required. They allow for a greater span distance than solid joists and allow for more design freedom.
Not only can Posi-Joists be used in floors, but they are also suitable for flat, low and steep pitched roofs.